Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Literally Blinded With Science



So, now we have a cloaking device.  Can it hide the mess in my room?


I don't think it works that way, but you're welcome to buy one and see for yourself.  It can't be too expensive.


Depends on your salary, I guess.  If I made what Warren Buffet makes, it's probably okay.  If you make what I make, it's slightly less feasible.  Genius needs to pay better. 

Anyway, as you may have heard, one more piece of Star Trek fiction became reality this week (a mere 250 years ahead of its time) as researchers at the University of Rochester unveiled a cloaking device!  Hooray!  The contraption uses a series of standard lenses to deflect light around an object, even if it's moving, to display the background perfectly.  

No truth to the rumor that the university is unable to fire its photon torpedoes with the cloak engaged.  

No comments: