Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Stayed Awake All Afternoon

Apparently, I like a little coffee in my iced sugar


He's not going to tell you this, but Jeremy's actually a little flattered that his barista thought he was so sweet.  Awwwwwwe.


Actually, the jerk behind the counter at the doughnut shop must have thought I needed to be about a cup of sugar sweeter than I am.  Not quite so flattering.

So, not far from work, there's a little plaza with two eateries I frequent and a franchise doughnut shop which, for strictly Blag purposes, we'll call "Doughnuts for Dipping."  Every now and again, I will decide upon lunch completion that I fancy an iced coffee.  It doesn't happen often, but I'm also no stranger to the place.  Actually, that doesn't much matter because I'm entirely sure this doughnut shop sets some kind of record for employee turnover, since I have never seen the same employee in there twice. 

I order myself an iced coffee with cream and sugar.  Apparently, I stuttered while ordering this or something, since the guy assumed I said "cream and extra extra extra extra extra sugar."  I took one sip of this stuff on my way out to the car and very nearly turned right back around into the store to have them make it again.  This beverage was 83% sugar and absurdly sweet.  In hindsight, I'm not sure why I didn't go back, but instead slowly sipped my way through the sugar slushie hoping that the ice would melt enough to make it palatable.  Never did. 

When I mercifully got down to the bottom of this unholy concoction, there was still a full 1/8" of sugar slush at the bottom of the cup.  Yes, folks, my drink had exceeded the solubility limit for sugar in a cold liquid and there was still at least 3 full packets of sugar left. 

In normal circumstances, this might call for a boycott of the franchise doughnut shop, but since I know that the guy who served me this slop probably won't be working there the next time I'm in the plaza, I'm probabaly okay. 

No comments: