Thursday, October 2, 2014

Prepare Your Groans Now



Who told that owl to hang out in the tree by my bedroom window?  WHO!?!?


Today, on Jeremy Is In The Office, we introduce you to Jeremy's new pet, Woodsy!


It's true that I have a broad and wonderful array of wildlife living in/on/around my house.  From My Pet Canary, Rodney, to the snake I ran over with my car, to the herd of deer who fight with the neighbor's cat, to the flocks of turkeys that come through all summer, and The Fox I saw that one time...it's a veritable menagerie.  Last night, right around the time I decided it was time to go to sleep, a new animal decided it was time to annoy me and not let me go to sleep.  

There was an owl parked in a tree very near my bedroom window.  

I don't know where he was from, or how long he'd been there, but he'd never made such a ruckus before, that I'm aware of.  It was actually entertaining, too, since owl calls are fairly unique among birds.  He just sat there hooting away, pretty much non stop until I fell asleep. 

No comments: