Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I Think He's Sneezing



It’s Password Day!  My email password is no longer “P!k@c#u”


What better way to recover from a 3 and a half day vacation than to come back to changing passwords all morning?  


I love password day.  It's a day of fun and frivolity when every time I have to log into any of the systems I use at work, I either discover that the password has expired and I need to change it, or else, I've already changed it today, and I tried to log in using the old one anyway.  Either way, my productivity is cut down significantly today while I tend to this nonsense.  

This fun is only compounded by the fact that over the last couple of weeks, I've inherited a couple new systems that I get to log into and change passwords to.  Hooray!  

So anyway, I can no longer count on my trusty yellow Pokemon friend to be my password.  Fortunately, at last count, there are 719 known species of Pokemon, so even if I have to change my email password 4 times per year, I won't run out of options for the rest of my career.  


As helpful as that seems to be, it's at this point that we usually point out that neither this, nor any of the "Password Day" passwords have ever been used as Jeremy's actual email password.  So don't bother trying to hack into his account.  There's nothing interesting in there anyway....just a lot of work crap and a couple unanswered requests to join fantasy football leagues. 

No comments: