Monday, September 22, 2014

Millions of Frozen Peas Suddenly Cried Out In Terror, And Were Suddenly Silenced



So wait…you DON’T have an ice cube maker shaped like the Death Star?  


Technically, neither do you.  The Death Star was a sphere.  


I didn't want to get my Sametime Status caught up in defining an ice cube versus an ice ball.  Most people reading it are perfectly okay with the concept of an ice cube, regardless of its shape.  In fact, the ice maker in my fridge specifies cubed ice versus crushed ice, and nothing that comes out of it is cube shaped.  Like most home automated ice makers, my fridge makes little half-moon shaped ice nuggets that I've never heard referred to as anything but ice cubes.  

That's all beside the point.  

I am now the proud owner of an ice cube maker which makes large balls of ice in the shape of the iconic Death Star from Star Wars.  If you don't know what the Death Star is, I don't know how much I can help you, but crawl out of whatever hole you've been living in for the last 30 years or so and Click This Link.  Now that I have my Death Star ice ball maker, I can't imagine how I've managed this long without it.  It is truly everything I had hoped and dreamed when I ordered it.  

Which brings me to why I ordered it.  

This thing is ridiculous.  I can't imagine any reason (save one) why I would have bought it, yet it is in my freezer right now.  I bought it, of course, because I was 4 dollars short of unlocking the Free Shipping achievement on a popular e-commerce website which, for strictly Blag purposes, we'll call Nile.com.  By buying my new Death Star ice ball maker, I saved more in shipping charges than the ice ball maker cost, so Nile.com effectively paid me $2 to own it...so...victory!  Jeremy officially stuck it to The Man! 

No comments: