Friday, February 8, 2013

Your Worst Source For News!


Welcome to Snowpocalypse 2013!


Well, folks.  Today is the big day!  This huge winter storm is about to arrive in the Greater Jeremy Area and dump who knows how much snow on our hero.  In an unprecedented special event, keep checking back here for live updates on Snowpocalypse 2013 throughout the day.  Jeremy will come back at random intervals and start posting an amusing mixture of information and nonsense as Mother Nature has her way with the east coast. 


8:15AM:  Yes!  I've never done this live-blagging thing before, and I'll probably never do it again, but that's okay.  It's now shortly after 8AM and all is well.  The Boss told everyone to work from home today, so that's exactly what I'm doing.  As of right now, it's cloudy and menacing outside, but nothing falling from the sky yet.  Not much of an update now, I'll grant...but it's better than saying I'm already buried in snow.  Come back later for more updates!

9:25AM:  First Flakes.

11:15 AM:  Snow's coming down a little more steadily now, but no accumulation as of yet.  The grass is starting to change color, though, so the first snow to stick on the driveway can't be far behind.  Also, guests on the Jerry Springer Show now apparently get little plastic cups of water to refresh themselves after a fight.  Nice touch. 

12:30PM:  Driveway's covered.  Lunch was yummy (Roast Beef and Wasabi wrap).  Might be taking a work field trip to France at some point soonish. 

2:00PM:  Snow's coming down, and it's almost up to the tops of the grass. No sign of all the wind they were talking about, but the weather map says I'm still a bit on the outer edge of one of the storms...so maybe it's coming later.  The road is really starting to look like crap, and there's been no sign of a snow plow.  Pretty glad I have nowhere to go. 

3:00PM:  Well, judging by the extremely sensitive scientific instrument that is the railing on my deck, I'd say we've reached the 1-inch mark for snow.  Thrilling.  Since it's still light outside, here's your visual aide for the day:
Still no plowing, as you can tell.  My driveway is in the bottom of that picture somewhere.

4:48PM:  Snowplow!

6:30PM:  Well, it's now dark outside, so I can't really see exactly how badly it's snowing, but I can say with confidence that it is, in fact, still snowing.  No wind, but snow...and pretty heavy snowman snow at that.  I think I'm going to make a snowman on my deck tomorrow.  That will be a thing to do.  While developing this plan, I measured, and we just crested the 4" mark on my patio table.

10:30PM:  Here's your final update for the day, since I'm not going to check any more between now and bedtime.  We're officially at 8 inches and counting here in the Greater Jeremy Area.  If you're really nice, maybe I'll pop by tomorrow morning to give a final reading before I start to dig out from this junk.  Goodnight, everybody!  

2/9/13 10:15AM:  The storm has come and gone from the Greater Jeremy Area, leaving behind 14 inches of snow, and not much else.  I just got back inside from spending some quality time with the snowblower, and it's time for some hot chocolate and a shower.  Maybe not in that order.  

1 comment:

Mom said...

We have been thinking of you. Glad the Greater Jeremy area is OK!