Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I've Been Asked Not To Talk About That One Hockey Game


In the interest of political correctness, I think we should call it “Gravitationally Challenged Tuesday” instead


Personally, I prefer "Horizontally Gifted Tuesday," but the thought remains the same.  


Or you can just go with "Tuesday of Significant Mass," which might be slightly confusing given the oft-forgot religious nature of the day.  

Anyway, today is Mardi Gras, also known as "Fat Tuesday."  We have a little fun at the expense of political correctness here because you're not supposed to say the word "Fat" anymore because it makes people feel bad about themselves.  Wusses.  


Calling them wusses is okay, though?


Sure.  If the wusses don't like it, they don't have to read.  

Anyway, so today is a day to celebrate the day before the start of lent by eating stuff and doing unsavory things for plastic beads.  

So here's a fun story.  I once wore a necklace of colored plastic beads (for an entirely unrelated event), and by the end of the event, the color from the beads had worn off and stained the shirt I was wearing.  This would have been more okay had I been wearing a shirt I hadn't rented as part of a tuxedo.  So here I am trying to wash purple out of the collar of a rented shirt so I didn't have to explain that the stain came from entirely fake Mardi Gras beads.  I have no idea what that has to do with anything today, but it's the only family-friendly story pretty much anybody can tell about Mardi Gras beads, so there you have it.    

No comments: