Monday, February 11, 2013

Taking Back The Vatican!


Vote Jeremy for Pope!  


Jeremy's off in his own little conclave for the day.  This should be interesting.  


So the big news of the day is that Pope Benedict XVI has decided to resign from the papacy at the end of the month, mere days after I got used to saying "Pope Benedict" instead of "Pope John Paul." While not an unprecedented event, the last time a Pope resigned was 598 years ago. 

This leaves the world with a hole in its spiritual center, which can only be filled by one person...a new Pope.  The standard convention for selecting the leader of the Catholic Church involves locked doors, secret ballots, smoke signals, and Dan Brown books.  Since this event will only happen a handful of times in my lifetime, I may as well throw my hat into the ring.  Vote Jeremy for Pope!  

I'm a decent guy.  I'm baptized and went to Sunday School and everything.  Sure, I'm not an ordained Priest, Bishop, Archbishop, or Cardinal or anything, but those are mere titles which detract from the true essence of a person.  I'm also sure that I have a platform of ideas with which to improve the church, and they are entirely different from the other guy's ideas.  His ideas are going to lead to the ruination of the faith!  


You don't even know who else will even be considered, let alone what their contributions to the church have been.  


Doesn't stop people in any other election around here.   

No comments: