Monday, February 25, 2013

I Really Was In The Audience



Don’t you just hate it when important plot points of your favorite TV shows are spoiled by internet bowling videos?


Oh yeah, that's happens to me like, all the...wait, what?


Okay, so the show in question isn't exactly one of my "favorite" shows, but it's one I'm poring through now using the subscription based video service we'll call "Internet Flickershows."

 
Yes, that was everyone's problem with the original premise. 


So, I'm willing to concede that not many people reading this are avid bowling watchers.  That's okay.  Pro bowling used to be a pretty big deal, such as back in 1996, when the Pro Bowling Tour would have their tournaments' finals on TV and hosted in sold-out arenas.  Occasionally, the home-town hero would make the finals and bowl a 300 On National TV in the first game.  I know for a fact it happened...I was there.  It's true.  

Fortunately for us all, the folks at Nerdist have come up with All-Star Celebrity Bowling, in which a team of Nerdist folks, led by Son-Of-Pro-Bowler-Billy-Hardwick, Chris Hardwick, invites a team of various celebrities and challenges them to a game of bowling.  Hilarity often ensues. 

Well, not long ago, they did an episode featuring the cast of "The Walking Dead," a TV show dealing with fallout of the zombie apocalypse.  Well, not long ago, I had started watching this show and had made it part of the way through the first season when I came across that particular episode of the bowling show.  Without going into too many details, since I don't want to spoil the second season of the show for anyone out there, somewhere around the 5th frame of the game, one of the bowlers makes a reference to a very critical plot point of Season 2 of the zombie show.  This is basically the moment the entire first half of the second season leads up to.  Well, I brushed it off at the time because I didn't know what it meant.  Well, just a couple episodes in, all the pieces started coming together, and I knew exactly what was going to happen later on because of some stupid bowling video.  Curse you, Bowling!!!

No comments: