Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's Maddening!

Pick Jeremy’s 12-5 Upset! East, Southeast, Southwest or West. Vote Now!!!


It's March Madness time...and you know what that means!


Jeremy uses up his allotment of watched basketball games for the year in one day?


Well, that too...


The weather is finally starting to get better?


Not really...have you looked outside?


Cheerleaders in HD?


I guess that's important...not what I was going for...


In that case, I'm spent.


It means it's time for the annual NCAA Tournament Bracket pools!


You can't do those until next week. You don't know who the teams are.


That's the beauty of it. Every year, I fill out those silly brackets having absolutely no clue who any of the teams are, who any of the players are (Though I'm often reminded that there's this guy "Jimmer" who plays for BYU who's supposed to be good), what conferences any given team plays for, or what teams are actually...you know...good.

The extent of my NCAA basketball pool knowledge consists of two facts. First, a #16 seed has never beaten a #1 seed, and second...the 5 vs 12 match-up is a statistical outlier when it comes to upsets.

Since the entirety of my wisdom comes in numerical form, I decided this year to bypass the silly "teams" concept and rely simply on seedings to decide my bracket. I've downloaded and printed out a blank bracket and will be filling it out tomorrow for use in whatever pools I end up playing in. This seemed, at first, to conflict with my annual tradition of letting the Sametime Status Loyal Readers vote on my 12-5 upset pick, but I realized that I can do that in advance, too. So all you have to do is let me know which region will see a 12 seed take down a 5 seed. Your choices are: East, Southeast, Southwest or West. Clearly biased against the North for some reason, but there you are. VOTE NOW!!!