Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This Post May Save Your Life

A protocol to be a Rocawear model? It didn't really drop that way, my legs hit the hurdle. A protocol to be a rocker on a label? It didn't really drop that way, our beats were too evil.


Oh man...those are some tight lyrics! Where did you find that?


These are lyrics to Sri Lankan singer/rapper M.I.A.'s smash hit "Bird Flu."


It's about time somebody wrote a song to raise awareness of this horrible disease.


Indeed. Apparently, on her blog, M.I.A. said that she named the song "Bird Flu" because "This beat gon kill everyone!!"


Good a reason as any, I guess.


Now, I'd like to invite each of the members of The Most Intelligent Readership In The World to Watch The Video for this song, including chickens clucking, appreciate the deeper, almost spiritual meaning, and share it with everyone you know or care about. And just try to keep that beat out of your head the rest of the day.


This Public Service brought to you by "Jeremy Is In The Office."


In addition, I'd like to make you all aware of a potential conspiracy going on in other parts of the world that will affect your lives soon, and possibly forever.


Indonesia seeks to shut Navy lab researching avian flu.

This article from the Los Angeles Times details how state officials in Indonesia are trying to shut down a United States military research lab. This by itself isn't so much of a problem, but the lab is specifically researching mutations of the H5N1 virus. That's right...they're researching how to prevent Bird Flu from killing us all, and the Indonesian Government wants to shut it down! Now, I'm not one to start spouting off about conspiracy theories, but look at the facts here:

The Indonesian Health Minister was told directly by the president to, "shut it if I think it's [of] no use." Why would research for a potential cure for Bird Flu be
of no use? It's clear that the Indonesian government already HAS a cure for Bird Flu and is keeping it a secret from the rest of the world. There is a potential Biological War about to happen, and nobody is doing anything about it. So, email your congressperson and tell them to stop Indonesia before it's too late!

4 comments:

Willie Y said...

My question is how did you discover M.I.A.'s smash hit Bird Flu. Are you a fan of Sri Lankan rap music. Inquiring minds want to know.

Jeremy said...

Well, Willie... it all started yesterday when I was talking with a co-worker who had been quite ill for about a week. I mentioned how it sounded like Bird Flu, and she said the symptoms didn't match. In order to prove her wrong, I looked up "Bird Flu" on Wikipedia.

The Disambiguation page for that search lists possible destinations, "Avian Influenza", "H5N1", Influenza A Virus" and "Bird Flu (song)"

Seeing that there was a Bird Flu song, I simply HAD to investigate. I owed it to my loyal readers. The rest is history.

Unknown said...

This video was nominated for "Best Use of Chickens and Goats in a Rap/R&B Video" for the MTV Music Video Awards. Sadly it lost to a Justin Timberlake romantic ballad video.

Anonymous said...

Was it really nominated for the best use of chickens and goats? This information is very interesting to me. I think it's better hip hop music than rapping about sex and violence though. If you're looking at sri lankan rap you might also wanna check out Delon - he's a Sri Lankan rapper with a bad beat -- who raps about unity and Justice in Sri Lanka. He's one of my personal favorites. Let me know what you think.