Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Theme Week, Part Three!

Jeremy's Sametime Status Proudly Presents:
Know Your NHL Stars Week! Phonetically spell the following hockey player’s name: Andre Roy (RW – Tampa Bay Lightning)


I thought you said these were getting harder?


Yes, I did....and if yesterday's results are any indication, I was correct.


Yesterday's looked pretty easy too...


Right, so it may surprise you that of all the entries received, precisely zero of them were correct. Because of that, the game is still wide open, so those of you who haven't played yet, jump on in!


Wait....nobody got yesterday's right?


That's right. Sabres Defenseman Toni Lydman, while not a "star" in the typical sense, is a solid defensive player who has played for both the Calgary Flames and Buffalo Sabres in his career. The Finland native has a total of 140 NHL points since joining the Flames in the 2000-2001 season.


Terrific. How do you pronounce his name?


As you can see in the following clip from Boston, his name is pronounced:
TOE nee LUDE min

Here is Mr. Lydman in action, getting wrecked in a fight with the Bruins' Brad Boyes:

3 comments:

Willie Y said...

on DRA wa

Willie Y said...

on Dray wa

I left out the y and I don't no y.

Unknown said...

I finally remembered to post one!
That being said, I am probably wrong...

on dray waw