Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Theme Week, Part II

Jeremy’s Sametime Status Proudly Presents 'Don’t Be That Guy' Week!
That Guy who sits in meetings spinning a pen around on his finger...Don’t Be That Guy.


Ooo, that is obnoxious.


Yes it is...not only is it distracting for the other people in the meeting, but it's also distracting for yourself, and is a clear indication that you're not paying attention to what's going on in the meeting. Whenever I see somebody doing this, I make sure to ask them a question, so they either drop their pen or have to admit they weren't listening. I'm cruel like that.


But some of the pen tricks are kinda cool


I agree. They're very much like juggling, which certainly has its place....just not in my meeting! In the interest of science, I've decided to provide you all with a link to a website about Pen Spinning. I'm sure more info can be obtained on Youtube or The Google. Just don't practice in my meeting!


So, you must be pleased with the sports news today.


Indeed I am. I will break out my best John Sterling impression to announce:

YANKEES LOSE! YANKEES LOSE! THE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E YANKEES LOSE!!!!!

Once again, the best team money can buy can't buy their way out of the first round of the playoffs, and 90% of the baseball world outside of the Greater New York City Area rejoices.

Now...despite the fact that the Cleveland Indians played 4 very good baseball games, and, with the exception of Game 3, pretty much had their way with the vaunted Yankees lineup in this series, and knocked around every last one of the Yankees starting pitchers...who gets all the media attention now that the Indians have moved on to the AL Championship Series?

ESPN:


Sports Illustrated:


The Sporting News:




So, now that the 4 teams who deserved to get to the Championship Series are playing, and the two that win will move on to the World Series...where will all the attention be? Naturally, on whether or not Joe Torre gets fired as the manager of the Damn Yankees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I could care less if Torre loses his job or not. What I want to know is what's going to happen with A-Rod. Why isn't there more coverage on this?

Willie Y said...

Ragging on the Yankees is so well "yesterday". I bet you don't like mom's apple pie, the flag or Elmo either. I'll leave you with a famous quote: Confucius say: Baseball wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.