Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I feel used :(

$15.05 for a little plastic knob? I think I may have been ripped off a bit.


That seems excessive. Was it a really nice plastic knob?


Not especially. It's this one right here: (Blagger's note: This isn't actually my car...just a picture of a nearly identical car that shows the location of the aforementioned knob)


I went to switch the fan in my car from the floor to the defroster, since I figured being able to see the road would be helpful for driving to work. The knob just snapped off the post underneath and fell off. This is actually the second time this has happened to me. Since no auto parts store carries silly little knobs like this, I went to a dealer. Just holding up the knob was enough for the guy to know exactly what it was, and what year my car was...which tells me that this sort of thing happens all the time. The replacement knob cost 15 friggin dollars...but at least I can see the road today. I think next time, I'll call a few junkyards to see if any of them have a car like mine I can get a stupid knob from. Or maybe if somebody I know has a similar car, I can get a ride from them and swipe it from their car when they're not looking. That might be my best option...


By the way, did anyone come up with any other good eponyms yesterday?


As a matter of fact, they did. The following is the complete list of stuff I was messaged with yesterday, published for your edutainment:

  • André-Marie Ampère
  • Louis Braille
  • Rudolf Diesel
  • Christian Doppler
  • Alfred Nobel
  • Adolphe Sax

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

you forgot Thomas Crapper and Buster Refrigerator.