Monday, June 15, 2009

Yum

Any recipe that begins with "One Leftover Turkey Carcass" can’t be very good


Reading up on Wile E. Coyote's cookbook again?


Sadly, no. I get recipes delivered to my email every now and again. I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually tried a recipe from that particular source directly (I think that's where the Oreo Cheesecake came from). Occasionally, I see the recipe, search for another version of it that's a little better, and try that one. Most often, however, I see that the recipes are a bunch of crap, delete the email and wait for next week's.

Last week, however...I was delighted to see a recipe for "Turkey Stock." I mean...you have no idea how long I've been looking for a good Turkey Stock recipe.


Well, American stocks have been doing pretty terribly lately. Maybe it would be a good idea to invest overseas.


The recipe includes standard ingredients like carrots, celery and garlic...but the first ingredient is "One Leftover Turkey Carcass." I often have wild turkeys cross the road where I live...so we can all rest assured that if I ever hit one with my car, it won't go to waste. I have a great new recipe to try out. I'll invite you over to try it.

No comments: