Friday, March 20, 2009

Weird guy who hangs around occasionally with Rhetorical Friday

Anyone who says they’re not going to watch Basketball today is a liar.


Well, I probably am, but I'm certain that somebody out there won't be watching today.


Well, today's Sametime Status is an example of a rhetorical fallacy based on false authority. The statement does not lend itself to debate due to the forcing of a fallacious argument. By coming right out and telling the reader what they are to believe, I'm implying that I am something of an authority figure out television/internetz viewing habits and know with utmost certainty what people are going to be watching today.

As it is...a lot of people are probably going to be seeing some basketball today, but I'm not at liberty to comment on whether or not that includes the entire population, or even every member of The Most Intelligent Readership In The World. Therefore, you get another edition of Rhetorical Friday!

No comments: