Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Theme Week Epilogue

Pick Jeremy’s 12-5 Upset! George Mason, Villanova, Temple, or Western Kentucky. Vote now!!!


Ooo...voting on basketball. Didn't think we'd ever see that on the blag...


It's that time of year again! Some kind of maddening of people around the March timeframe where everybody starts watching ludicrous amounts of basketball and spending time that they should be working following the NCAA Basketball tournament. That said...I don't follow basketball. I don't much like basketball. Therefore, when the brackets come out and I fill one out to try to win the pool, I'm hopelessly lost.


To quote the immortal Bulldog Briscoe, "You don't know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat can go to the movies, and Squat can wear a t-shirt that reads 'I'm With Stupid.'"


That's not true. I know one inescapable fact about the NCAA pool. That is, that a #12 seed ALWAYS beats a #5 seed. I don't know why, or if that's even true...but it's a well-known fact. Duh.


So what are they 12-5 matchups this year?


We have:
  • #12 George Mason taking on #5 Notre Dame
  • #12 Villanova playing #5 Clemson
  • #12 Temple goes against #5 Michigan State
  • #12 Western Kentucky versus #5 Drake



So what do we do about this?


All you do is respond to me what your choice is for this year's first round upset, via IM, email, or Blag comment, and your vote will be tallied. The winner ends up in my pool bracket.


Interesting. So how's about that last remaining Theme Week puzzle?


Oh yeah! The answer to Friday's number sequence is 99

That's how many regions are created by placing 'n' points on a circle and connecting them with straight lines. It's really quite complicated.


Thanks for playing everybody. I'll be tallying up the responses and announce the winner of the Official "Jeremy Is In The Office" Props tomorrow!

2 comments:

Willie Y said...

#12 Villanova playing #5 Clemson
I am picking this game because I like to say Villanova with a Italian accent. That's were this pick is coming from.

Jeff said...

I feel the same way about basketball, but I'm choosing "Western Kentucky". I consulted an oracle for this one.

As for the rest of the bracket, I always choose "Gonzaga" because, I mean, "Gonzaga!" Although this year there is also "Oral Roberts", so it's tough.