Monday, March 24, 2008

Peanuty Hangover

Happy "Whine About Going to Work Because I Made Myself Sick Eating Too Many Peanut Butter Eggs Yesterday" Day!


How can you not eat too many of those things?


I wish I knew. Maybe the secret is to not be aware of their existence.


That's why you have a webpage. Have at it.


Ladies, Gentlemen, and People from Elmira. For those of you unawares, This Is The Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. Like a lot of great candy, these magical things appear around Easter time every year, commercializing yet another formerly spiritual holiday.

In this particular case, I'm not as offended, because they are roughly the candy equivalent of crack. Imagine if you will, a traditional Peanut Butter Cup, and now have it spend a good portion of it's life on Clemens Juice, pushing its Peanut Butter to Chocolate ratio to about 3x normal, and you get a Peanut Butter Egg.


Yep. They're pretty much the greatest thing ever invented.


And now, I have to wait a whole couple months before Reese's puts out the Halloween edition Peanut Butter Pumpkins. I would like every one of The Most Intelligent Readership In The World to write a letter to Hershey and request that they fill more holidays with Themed Peanut Butter Candies equal to the PB Egg. I suggest Peanut Butter Trees for Arbor Day, Globes for Earth Day, Stars for 4th of July, Pucks for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and Boats for Battle Of Lake Erie Day. That way, we should be pretty much covered any time of year.


May not be the healthiest thing to do.


Really not concerned about that right now. I need a fix...


So, isn't it about time for some Hockey news?


Sure is! I'd like to take this opportunity to recognize Saint Norbert College of De Pere, Wisconsin for Winning the NCAA Div III National Championship this past weekend. There will always be a special place in my Blag for Division III hockey, since I followed it for my entire college career. I'd also like to send a special Thank You to the Plattsburgh Cardinals for defeating Elmira in the Semifinals. Well done, everybody!

No comments: