Tuesday, September 8, 2015

You're Cheating By Reading This



I spelled onomatopoeia correctly on the first try!  (Not here, though) 


Boom!  Good job, Jeremy.  You can spell.  


I thought I'd start out today's blag with a Bang, so I've decided to tell you about one of my greatest accomplishments in my spelling history.  And I've won a spelling bee before, too!  It's true.  

Unfortunately, I don't remember what I was doing last week when this came up.  Over the long holiday weekend, just like that, Zap, it's gone from my brain.  It happens.  Regardless, I was doing something which required me to type out the word onomatopoeia, which is a word everyone is familiar with.  If you're not...Boom!  Right in the kisser!  

To my utter shock and amazement, the little squiggly line did not show up underneath the word, alerting me to the fact that Wham, I had made a misspelling.  I thought at first that maybe there was something wrong with the spell checker, since there should be no way I got that word right on the first try.  So I go back and replace one of the letters with a z and there comes the spell checker with a Slap.  Confirmation, that I can actually spell onomatopoeia correctly!  Woohoo!

Of course, now, I've typed the word into my Sametime Status and at least two more times in the blag here, and I have yet to get it right again.  That's beside the point entirely. 

No comments: