Thursday, September 3, 2015

Further Genius



It took me way too long to realize that the browser tab for my calendar shows the date


Jeremy is an engineer who works with a computer.  He uses computers ALL DAY.  He's supposed to be good at it.  


I am good with computers.  I have proof.  I write my own Blag!  

That said, you may remember not too long ago, that my job changed to a new company.  Part of that move entailed moving to a new email system.  We used to have a separate program-based email interface, but now, all of our email is on a web-interfaced system run by a large computer company you've probably heard of.  It's a time of change and adjustment, but it's not so bad.  

I actually have a personal email account with the same large computer company you've probably heard of, so I'm at least somewhat familiar with the web interface.  That change wasn't so traumatic for me.

However, not too long ago, I made a realization that I probably should have made earlier. 

I always keep my calendar open in a separate web browser tab.  That way, I can easily switch to it any time I need to see when my next meeting is.  It's usually very soon.  I'm sitting in one right now.  I have one more to go today.  Meetings suck.  I looked up at the calendar tab, and it said "1" on it in a little box.  I briefly thought that may have meant that I had one event or reminder coming up that I should be aware of.  I let it go.

The next day, it said "2" and I noted that it was different from the previous day's "1" and thought, "Gee...busier day today."  After my day's meetings, when the calendar tab still said "2," I came to the realization that it was September 2nd, and I was an idiot. 

No comments: