Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Who Wouldn't Want This?



My Next Great Idea: New reality TV show, “America’s Best Massage Therapist.”  I’ll be a judge, of course 


So many reality TV shows, but this really seems like an overlooked area.  You may be on to something here.  


There are many different massage therapy techniques out there.  There are at least 10 that I'm aware of based on an internet search I did just now that revealed a "Top 10 Massage Techniques" list.  This includes one called Rolfing, which is hilarious, and new methods of Rolfing are described as "quite tolerable." As much as this sounds like a winner, it's quite plain to see that science is required.  That's where reality TV comes in. 

It's a very simple concept where a non-stop stream of massage therapists come in to a studio to impress the judges with their techniques.  They provide a massage treatment to the judges, and each therapist is then critiqued based on whatever criteria the judges see fit.  The judges make some snarky comments and send one of the contestants on their way home.  You've seen the formula at work before.  It's not especially novel, but then again, neither is anything else on TV, so you're not really missing out on anything. 

Since this is my idea, it seems only fitting that I be one of the judges.  The rest of the judges have to be celebrities carefully picked from a diverse pool of expertise areas tangentially relevant to the show's subject matter, and throw in one supermodel because...reasons.  So, if Nina Agdal, Anne Hathaway, and Kerri Walsh are available, I think we could have our panel all set up.  I'm willing to work with them.  You know...to help people.  

The ultimate winner of the show (aside from me, I guess) would get some money or something to open up their own brand new day spa in some sun-drenched location complete with soothing music and a pitcher of water with cucumber slices.  It's immediately famous because of the show, and it's all paid for by the sponsors, so there's no way it can fail.  I'll even take a trip there as part of Season 2 to give an update on how our winner is doing now.  So, any network execs willing to give this a shot, let me know!  I'll be waiting by the phone. 

No comments: