Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Don't Like Yellow



Not sure what my problem is with Orange flavored sports drinks 


Clearly, you don't like orange.  Which is weird, because you like orange.  


My point exactly!  So, I recently discovered a bizarre phenomenon when it comes to the way my brain does things.  I have no explanation for this.  

You may or may not be aware that I occasionally play a little volleyball.  It's true.  Sometimes, this takes the form of day-long tournaments, which can be pretty taxing on you, physically.  It requires a fairly lengthy preparation and lots and lots of supplies.  Well...a cooler full of stuff, a canopy to stay out of the sun, some water, and a chair.  That's a lot.  

In my cooler, you will find a sandwich for lunch, a couple celebratory beverages for after the volleyball is done for the day, several bananas, and several bottles of a common sports drink which shall remain nameless until they decide to sponsor me.  Since variety is the spice of life, I tend to buy several different flavors of sports drink before a tournament.  There is green flavored, purple flavored, red flavored, the occasional blue flavored...and of course, orange. 

In the midst of a volleyball tournament, I'll come over to my cooler in between games and pull out one of the bottles of sports drink.  I don't actually prefer any of the flavors over another (possible exception of red, which is iffy at best...I tend to avoid that one a little), yet for some reason, it's come to my attention over the course of this summer, that I don't drink the orange one.  I have no idea why this is the case, but the last three consecutive tournaments, I've had the orange one left over.  This results in me having three unopened bottles of orange sports drink sitting around my kitchen.  

What's up with that?

No comments: