Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Need A Really Big Band-Aid



I missed the eclipse last night.  Mostly because it was raining, but at least partially because I was asleep


You should have seen it.  It was all eclipsy and whatnot.  


So last night...or this morning, as the case may be, was the big lunar eclipse.  Super exciting in that the moon passes through the earth's shadow.  Truth be told, it is pretty cool to watch one of those, but the hype that surrounded this one was a little strange.  It was called "Blood Moon" which had to make fans of the Terminator at least a little happy.


For those who are not aware of Jeremy's reference there, Moon Bloodgood is an actress who played an important role in "Terminator: Salvation," in addition to many other roles.  


As much as I knew there was a lunar eclipse happening last night, I was also aware that it was raining, so I couldn't have seen the moon at all if I wanted to.  I'll go with that as my official reason for missing "Blood Moon 2014."  Not the fact that it happened at 3AM and I was sound asleep dreaming about ice cream.  

No comments: