Tuesday, April 8, 2014

In A Heap Of Trouble Now



I would have made a great Uriah Heep joke, but nobody would have gotten it


You underestimate your readership.  I think at least a couple people out there have read David Copperfield.  


Except that I would have made the joke about the band Uriah Heep, not the Dickens character.   


So maybe I overestimated you.  It won't happen again.  Was there a McBox reference somewhere or something?


So, I'm in the middle of a book where there's a character named Uriah.  It really doesn't go much beyond that.  Every time I come across his name, the song "Easy Living" starts playing in my head, even though that's not even the one song the group had that cracked the top 40 in the US.  The book has nothing to do with the band, or England for that matter, but since very few people are actually named Uriah these days, my brain goes on little adventures.  

But since nobody's ever heard of the group, my joke would have been lost on everybody.  It's a shame, really...it would have been good. 

No comments: