Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tomorrow's is going to be pretty okay, too

Today’s Sametime Status is to remind you that monday’s Sametime Status was really good.


Really? I thought monday's was crap.


As a general rule, you think all the Sametime Statuses are crap.


I suppose that's true enough. Maybe you should try writing better stuff.


Today's Sametime Status is brought to you by the US Federal Government. Yes, the same government that's debating having a meeting with Toyota to yell at them or something. Last week, I got a letter in the mail from the government telling me that soon, they'd be sending me a Census form. Apparently, when the Census form got to me, there is no possible way that I would know what it was or what to do with it unless they sent me a letter in advance. It was truly something out of a Lewis Black routine. (Not surprisingly, viewer discretion is advised as the previous link may contain some foul language). It was in fact a piece of mail telling me that I'd be getting a piece of mail. It also said that I should fill out the form and mail it back right away.

So on monday, I get my census form in the mail. It's very exciting. Really. I would have filled it out in great haste and mailed it right back to the government, except for the fact that the government is really slow about everything, and I believe in fair play. So I plan on holding off on it for a couple days or so. I have yet to decide.

Anyway...in yesterday's mail, (that's Tuesday for those keeping score) I get a postcard in the mail telling me that I just received my Census form, and that I should fill it out and mail it back right away. That's right, folks...I got a piece of mail telling me that I got a piece of mail. All within days of getting a piece of mail telling me that I'd be getting a piece of mail.

This is somebody's job. I'm paying for this person to be employed...deciding that a mere census form is completely insufficient. I need 2 pieces of mail telling me about a third piece of mail. Some idiot sat in a room and actually designed the letter and the postcard...probably held a meeting with other idiots to decide what they should say and what government logo should be on them. All of these people need to be fired. They are a waste of my money.

No comments: