Monday, March 1, 2010

Not sure why I didn't see this coming.

In hindsight, it may not have been a good idea to put the bag of cement next to the snowblower.


Sounds like pretty solid advice.


You're not funny.


I'm not trying to be...I'm just saying that that seems like a pretty hard and fast rule to go by.


I hate you.


Sounds like you need a really concrete solution to this problem.


Sounds like you need to go away.

So yeah...One of the more whimsical by-products of last week's giant snow storm is a lot of water running off from my snowblower. The heavy wet snow stuck to every part of it, and promptly melted when it got into the garage. This is all well and good, because I'm not overly concerned about water on the floor of the garage...except when it runs into the bag of cement I had leftover from replacing my mailbox last summer.

So in the end, I learned a valuable lesson. First, the signs recommending how many bags of cement to buy for a certain project are made by the companies making the bags of cement. This means they overestimate in order to sell you more bags of cement that end up sitting on the floor of your garage next to the snowblower indefinitely. Second...when such an event happens, find a use for said cement fairly quickly before you end up soaking the bag and ending up with a bag of rock on the floor of your garage that can only get tossed in the trash. Good tips for good living!

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

Makes a really good door stop or paper weight.