Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Today's title is not a palindrome

Elsewhere dips a web. Be still if I fill its ebb. Ew, a spider… eh? We sleep. Oh no!


Once again, I don't get it.


Today's Status comes to you courtesy of comedian Demetri Martin, and his poem "Dammit, I'm Mad."


Alright then.


Demetri is a relatively new comedian who specializes in bizarre train-of-thought jokes that can be somewhat Mitch Hedberg-esque at times, but he also adds charts, graphs, and music into his act.

One of his acts is called "If I" in which he spends time exploring the palindromic nature of the world. During this bit, he introduces a 224 word poem he wrote called "Dammit I'm Mad." The entire poem is one long palindrome. The middle of which is "If I" which is included in today's message.

The entire text of the poem can be found on The Official Demetri Martin Website


Here's a clip from the Comedy Central special "Demetri Martin, Person"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At first I thought the title was some kind of political commentary, but I guess it didn't say "palindrone".