Monday, October 13, 2008

A Ghostly Mistake

Stores who have Halloween candy on the shelves already greatly overestimate my willpower.


Halloween is only a couple weeks away. It won't last until then?


It most certainly will not. Peanut butter cups have a life expectancy of approximately 30 seconds once they enter my house. Now, Reese's has done the unthinkable and created Peanut Butter Pumpkins, thereby eliminating Halloween as a potential holiday without making myself sick eating too many Reese's Peanut Butter-Themed candies.

Jerks.


Well, at least we have some hardware to hand out. As it turns out, we were actually on Version V of the Home Game, so that's what our winner will get.


Works for me! The winner of last week's "Guess the NHL Star Week" and recipient of the Jeremy Is In The Office Home Game, Volume V: Autumn Leaves is none other than Judson! With his fortunate guess of Steve Begin on Wednesday, Judson managed a whopping 3 correct answers, beating out 7 other players who all had 2 correct. Congratulations, Judson!


As for Friday's correct answer (Guessed correctly by nobody, by the way), Michael is the 4th most common given name in the United States. Smith, Johnson, and Williams are the top 3 most common surnames in the United States. Among the legions of sports stars named Mike Smith, Mike Johnson, and Mike Williams, only one appears on a current NHL Roster. Mike Smith is an NHL Goaltender, currently playing for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!!! I actually jumped out of my chair and pumped my fist when I found out I won. I should probably seek psychiactric help... :)
-J