Monday, October 20, 2008

Won't somebody think of the children?

I passed School Bus Number 666 on my way to work today. That’s not a good sign, right?


You're joking about this, right?


Sadly, I am not. I get to the last traffic light on my commute, and right there next to me is bus #666. My only thought was, "Seriously?"


That's often your only thought.


I know school buses have to have some sort of numbering scheme, and hopefully it makes sense in the mind of some micromanaging bureaucrat sitting behind a desk somewhere waiting for the NEXT AIG Executive Retreat, this time an $86,000 hunting trip. But I digress...

I'm sure the numbering system is important and all...but wouldn't anybody have the common sense to go ahead ans skip over 666? I mean...pretty much everybody who checks into a hotel can count to 15, and yet most hotels go ahead and skip over floor 13 for superstitious reasons. I think it's safe to do the same with school buses.

Please support my online petition to ban numbering school buses #666. Thank you.

3 comments:

Willie Y said...

Hey, there has to be a bus for the evil kids. right.

Jeremy said...

I'm not sure...you'd have to ask Evil Jeremy. I usually rode Bus 18.

Jeremy said...

Are you sure bus #999 wasn't just upside down?