Monday, August 11, 2008

You'll note I didn't reject it, either

I’m Jeremy, and I did not approve this message.


Well maybe you should have gone over it once or twice first...you know...to make sure it doesn't suck.


Few things are more irritating than Election Season. And as much as I like to leave politics out of the Blag, I feel it's important to rant a little about the elections themselves.


Just make sure you get out and vote, people!


From now until November, every other commercial you see on TV will be for one election or another, particularly if you live in one of the "Swing States." No, this doesn't mean that they like to dance to jovial jazz-era music, it just means that people in your state aren't sure how they're going to vote and you need the politicians to tell you how to vote so they can tell you how to live after they're elected. It makes perfect sense really.


Sure does. I want to be a slave to The Man!


To make things even more fun, half of the commercials will only be about telling you why you shouldn't vote for the other guy. It's called "Negative Campaigning" and is the first tactic turned to by every candidate who says they won't resort to Negative Campaigning.

So what I'm proposing here is that you elect Me for Office. I don't particularly care which office, so just write my name in wherever you'd like. I feel that I'm the best candidate, and I don't really care who I'm running against. I have no idea what my platform is or what I stand for, but I will make this one promise to you, The Most Intelligent Readership In The World: I will NOT run for re-election! That's right, you will not see a single campaign commercial from my at the end of my term. That alone, I think is reason enough to elect me. Remember...VOTE JEREMY!

No comments: