Monday, May 12, 2008

Those can be dangerous

On my way to work this morning, I passed a truck that was labeled "Cutler Repaving." I misread it as "Cutlery Paving," and decided that they were the people who put the forks in the road.


Alright...if you say so. I think you should just get on with the Theme Week stuff instead of horrible one-liners.


Very well. Once again, The Most Intelligent Readership In The World has impressed me with their breadth of knowledge. Typically, Theme Week Quizzes are designed to start off easy and get harder towards the end, culminating on Friday. Last week, the Friday "Name That Tune" quiz received the most correct answers of any day in the Theme Week. Simply tremendous.


So what was the answer, and who won?


The answer to Friday's quiz, as correctly stated by just about everyone under the sun is "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake. Looking at the final tally, it looks like the winner of Name That Tune Week, with a nearly perfect score of 9.5 is Jim! Congratulations, Jim. Tell him what he's won.


Jim...you've won the coveted Jeremy Is In The Office Home Game, Volume IV: Ticker Tape Parade. Hours of fun for the whole family. Congratulations!

To celebrate, here's a live cut of Cake performing Friday's song:
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBYEVnQkMU8&hl=en">

That does it for another great Theme Week Quiz. Thanks for playing, and we hope to see you back...well...just about every day for more Sametime Status Goodness. The next Theme Week is just around the corner. Good Night Everybody!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you. I am so very honored. There are so many people I have to thank. Jeremy of course for without him there would be no contest. My family, my girlfriend Lauren, my publicist who is a beautiful human being, Buddha, Starsky, Hutch, Flexo, Eddie Izzard, who am I forgetting? Oh yeah, America, Styx, The Proclaimers, Prince, Cake, William Shatner for his VH1 one hit wonders special, and of course the immortal Rick Astley. Thank you all so very very much. I will treasure this always.