Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I still don't know how it knocked me off the bridge

I'm pretty sure I cursed at Mario Kart more in one hour last night than any other video game in history combined.


A little road rage perhaps?


Maybe just a little, but I assure you, I'm NOT ALONE.

So in the middle difficulty level of the new Mario Kart Wii, which I have obviously yet to master, you get to ride on motorcycles instead of karts. This serves no useful purpose I'm aware of other than to make it more difficult to keep yourself on the road. Also, the time gap between first and seventh place is at most a second and a half. What this means, ultimately, is that you can be leading an entire race, and on the second half of the final lap, you get nailed by a blue shell, then when you land back on the ground one of the other bikes speeds past you, knocking you right back off the bike and off onto the side of the road. Getting back on the road is now slow because the bikes don't travel well off-road, and by the time you're fully up and racing again, you've been relegated to 8th place with no chance of catching anyone before the end of the race.


And how many consecutive times did this happen to you?


I'm not at liberty to say.

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

I know what you are talking about. I don't know were the little ball is going after it hits the wall in Pong. It's just crazy.