Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Theme Week, Part B!

Jeremy's Sametime Status Proudly Presents: The End Of The World Week! The world may end on February 13, 2009 due to The Rapture. You have One year and 8 days to make your peace.


Rapture? Holy...


Exactly. Not long ago, there was an email circulated around Internet from a seer who called herself "The Final Peace". She predicted that the Rapture will occur on this date, believing that she is communicating directly with both God and Satan. Her predictions are based on a number of calculations:

  • The 3 1/2 year countdown began in Aug 2005, right before Katrina hit
  • Zeus' birthday is Feb 13
  • Feb 13 is a Friday the 13th
  • The time stamp in the Unix operating system is 1234567890 at 23:31:30 UTC on this day
  • References in the Gospel of Thomas



None of that really says "End of the World" to me. Also, the 3 1/2 year countdown seems at least fairly arbitrary.


That's what separates us from the seers, I guess.


Lunacy?


I guess we'll find out in just over a year.


I'll make popcorn.

2 comments:

Willie Y said...

When the rapture does comes can I have your camera?

Jeremy said...

Why wait? I've actually thought about upgrading my camera recently...I can sell you the old one! Cheap-esque!