Monday, March 31, 2014

We Get The Joke Already



So I guess that whole “Out like a lamb” thing is out of the question?


Following on the theme of this truly blowful winter came a March that came in like a lion and is...well...still pretty awful.  


I've been done with winter since roughly the middle of November.  That said, Mother Nature has seen fit to grace us with more of it than even people who like snow and snow-related crap can reasonably put up with.  There's the old saying that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.  Well, this year, the lion apparently had a nice dinner of lamb chops with mint jelly, because here is it at the end of March and a whole bunch of people in the Greater Jeremy Area woke up to at least 4 inches of snow yesterday.  Today's not a whole lot better.  Then, that's it for March.  

Meanwhile, my car needs to be washed, my deck needs to be cleaned and sealed, my grill needs to be cleaned out and used and my bike needs to come out of the garage and go for a ride.  None of which can happen while there's still almost a foot of snow in my front yard and temperatures still spend much of their time below freezing.  This is crap.  Get it together, Mother Nature! 

No comments: