Monday, March 3, 2014

A Fresh Air Post



It’s Password Day!  My email password is no longer 12345


That may not be Jeremy's email password anymore, but I'm pretty sure that is the combination Jeremy has on his luggage.  


Hey now!  

So, as comes along oh so often, it's Password Day.  The day my productivity grinds to a halt for a couple hours while I change the passwords on all of the systems I have to use and hope like mad that the new password I've chosen is acceptable to all the different rules that are in place on them.  It's actually happened before that I've changed my Windows password to something, my network password to the same thing, and tried to use that for my email, but the email password rules were stricter, so I had to make a different password for that.  Then, Windows wouldn't let me change my password again within 24 hours, so I was stuck for a little while.  It was annoying.  

Fortunately, none of that happened today, but I will still have to deal with a smaller hit to my productivity for a week or so while I type in the wrong password to each system every stinkin' time I try to log in, get denied, then type in the new password.  Such is the life of Jeremy.

Oh yeah...it's usually about now that I remind you that, despite showing up here in jaunty internets form, neither this nor any of the passwords listed in my "Password Day" posts have ever been my real email password.  I have no comment on the statement about the combination to my luggage. 

No comments: