Thursday, March 27, 2014

It Just Makes Sense



I forgot to eat the rest of my pineapple yesterday


I wasn't aware that it was National Pineapple Eating Day or some other such nonsense. 


Yeah, it really wasn't.  Yesterday saw the end of yet another one of the ever-shrinking number of TV shows that I actually pay attention to.  Psych aired its final episode last night, a whimsical tale of murder and betrayal, mixed with the usual pop culture references (come on...who expected Val Kilmer to be the oft-referred to but never seen Detective Dobson?) and long-winded comic speeches.  What it boils down to is one of TV's greatest bromances (Don't think anything will ever top Turn and JD, but that's a debate for another time) is over.  


And this has what to do with pineapple?


For those unawares, pretty much every episode of the show Featured A Pineapple somewhere along the line, thanks to an improvised line from the pilot episode.  This is how running gags are born.  

So, by crazy random happenstance, I bought a pineapple not all that long ago.  I cut it up, and have been enjoying it in spurts ever since.  By this point, I'm almost done with it, and I really think it has one decent snack session left in it before I can have my plastic container back (or buy a new pineapple...I have yet to decide).  I knew full well going into last night, that the episode of Psych would be the last, but it completely slipped my mind that the most appropriate thing I could have been doing during that showing was to eat the rest of that pineapple.  I feel like I did television a bit of a disservice here.  

Then again, I didn't exactly celebrate any of the other recent finales in any special way, nor do I have any plans for monday's series finale of How I Met Your Mother. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Attention Webmaster,

Our investigation of the Terms of Service violation that Google has assigned to icanbenefit.com leads us to believe that some harmful backlinks can be found on your website.
These backlinks are:

http://jeremyisintheoffice.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html
http://jeremyisintheoffice.blogspot.com/2008/05/billy-mays-here.html


We would ask that you delete these backlinks at your earliest possible convenience so that we may resume full compliance with Google Webmaster, Google Penguin and Google Panda.
It is important to us to be visible in Google searches and to have a high search engine ranking.


Thanks for removing these backlinks and allowing us to resume regular business operations.