Thursday, June 20, 2013

Overthinking Sucks



It seems wrong that my thoughts are, “I need to mow the lawn since I won’t see it” 


We can only hope that you'll be seeing it while mowing.  You really should pay attention during that step, you know.


So this weekend is the annual Pottstown Rumble volleyball tournament in sunny Pottstown Pennsylvania.  I'm going.  I'll be playing.  Hopefully, I'll win a few games while I'm at it, but regardless, everybody gets ice cream and the satisfaction of a job well done.  Since I'll be away for the weekend, I realized I need to mow the lawn in advance, lest I come back to a knee-high jungle and have to spend hours with a Scythe to get things back under control.  Seems reasonable, right?

Then, I thought...as I am wont to do...that the net effect of mowing the lawn will be so that people other than me will be seeing it while I'm away at the tournament.  This is nonsense. 

No comments: