Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In Star Trek, They Can Compensate For This Joke



Yes, I made a Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle joke.  Yes, I feel good about it


Nerd.


Well, yes...maybe a little.   


There's no "maybe" here.  If you're making a Heisenberg joke that has nothing to do with Bryan Cranston, you're a nerd.  That's just how it works.


So not long ago, we were having a discussion at work about green energy.  Specifically, how most people now have the option of selecting the company who generates the electricity used in their homes.  This is a weird concept, because only one company delivers it, but you can choose the supplier.  But it's electricity...nothing more than the alternating flow of electrons moving back and forth...so how exactly it is that they're able to distinguish who generated which power is a bit of a mystery to me.  And I'm an engineer.  
That's basically how the work discussion went, and one of the coworkers explained how he had picked a certain company since they used renewable methods to generate electricity.  He announced that his electrons were green and asked what color mine were.  I replied that I didn't know because I didn't know where they were.  I only cared about how fast they were moving.  

I'm awesome.  

No comments: