Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Just Like The Time The Commisar Was In Town



There just aren’t enough days where I have “The Safety Dance” stuck in my head


Did you not wear a hat today? 


I roughly never wear a hat to work, so indeed, today I am hatless.  


I refer, of course, to the group "Men Without Hats" who recorded "The Safety Dance."  Ironically, they sometimes wear hats when performing on stage.  


Now that just makes no sense.


Neither does having "The Safety Dance" stuck in your head, but I assume that's beside the point entirely.


Of course.  What is important to note today is that this morning started off well, with "The Safety Dance" running through my head.  Naturally, it had nothing to do with hearing the song.  There was a line in my current audio book about "leaving his friends behind" or something like that.  Where else could that possibly lead?  

The sad part is that now I have to rewind that section of the audio book, because I don't know what happened after that line.  I was too busy singing.  

Anyway, since "The Safety Dance" was written as a protest against club bouncers not allowing a dance called "Pogoing," I thought it only appropriate to let everyone watch This Video of pogo stick accidents.  Caution, there are some language issues in the video, as you might expect from a fail compilation like this.  Enjoy!   

No comments: