Monday, October 29, 2012

There's Something About Dragons, Too


I don’t know if Winter is coming, but a hurricane certainly is


Batten down the hatches, everybody!  It's Sandy Time!


Yosemite Sandy?


Very few people will get that reference, but go on.


So as you may have heard, there is a major hurricane bearing down on the Greater Jeremy Area.  All of us here at Jeremy Is In The Office encourage you to stay safe and dry while this thing runs its course.  We also encourage you to pass the time by making lots of stupid jokes and pop-culture references.  

Today, I chose "Game Of Thrones" as my pop-culture reference of choice, even though I don't actually like the show, nor have I read any of the books.  I tried.  I really did.  I watched a full season and a half of the TV show trying to figure out why it was the greatest show on TV before I decided that I just didn't get it and gave up.  There are just so many characters that they thrust on you too quickly that you can't really figure out who anybody is or what their purpose in the overall plot is supposed to be before they get killed.  And they do get killed...all of them.  Another key theme in the show (and presumably the books) is that Winter is coming.  I don't know if Winter ever actually gets there (I'm told it should in Season 3 or 4), but I'm sick of waiting around for it.  All I know is that everybody goes around saying "Winter is coming" far more than anyone really should.  They really need better smalltalk.  

No comments: