Friday, October 12, 2012

I Also Miss Intelligence


I miss Yul Brynner, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera


Okay, I'm a voice in Jeremy's head, and even I have no idea what this is all about.


Funny you mention my Head, since today's Sametime Status celebrates the fact that tomorrow is National Chess Day!


Oh dear God, you made a connection that remote?  This is a stretch even for you.


I sure did, and it sure is.  So, as you may or may not be aware, (even though I mentioned it here once before, but I can't be bothered to look it up) the song "One Night In Bangkok" was originally recorded for the musical "Chess."

It was sung by Murray Head.

It includes the phrase "...a show with everything but Yul Brynner."

Yul Brynner died in 1985.

Yul Brynner's catch phrase from the movie "The King And I" was "et cetera, et cetera, et cetera." 

Many people will be confused by what "et cetera" means because they pronounce it "excetera" and won't recognize the words. 

Learning! 

No comments: