Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'll Pretend They Threw A Party For Me


I’ll pretend I had a comeback victory yesterday


We'll pretend we were concerned and excited over this development.  Deal?  


Today's Sametime Status is brought to you by the Sport of Kings...Fantasy Football. 


The Sport of Kings is horse racing.  Everyone knows this.


Well, I'm no good at horse racing.


You're no good at being a King, either, so I guess it all works out.


So anyway, my fantasy football team stunk the place right up this week with two exceptions.  My fantasy quarterback threw for some ridiculous number of yards and touchdowns, and my fantasy defense beat the crap out of their opponent.  They had sack and turnovers and scored a touchdown and gave up a grand total of zero points.  It was a rousing achievement.

Even with this two-player bonanza, my team trailed going into monday's game.  My opponent had used up all of his players, and I had but a lowly wide receiver left to play.  Fortunately for me, my wide receiver caught a touchdown pass in the first half and sealed the victory for my team.  Whether it sealed the victory for his team, I quite honestly have no idea....that's not important right now. 

No comments: