Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Who Knew He Was This Into Ponies


All joking aside, I liked my old password better


I'm sorry, Jeremy.  It's too bad you had to change it.


You know that feeling when you have a comfortable pair of jeans, or a nice sitting spot on the couch, and you have to get rid of it/them?  It's like that will passwords, too.  Over the last few months, I had come to appreciate my old password.  It was nice.  It was a good combination of both hands, an easy number to remember, it made logical sense (at least in my swirling miasma of a mind), and I had gotten used to typing it.  Now, in the aftermath of Password Day, I have a new password, and it's just not the same.    

Don't get me wrong, I like my new password, too...but there's something just a little off about it.  When the login screen comes up, it's not the first thing that comes to mind.  


That's like when people used to write checks and the year changed.  They'd write the old year own for the next three months.  You'll get used to it.


 I'm sure I will, but even when I remember that I'm supposed to type something different than I used to, I have to think about it a little.  It doesn't roll off the fingertips the way the old one did.  
Well, can you change it again to something that will?


I guess I could...but like finding that one perfectly comfortable pair of jeans, it's never quite that simple.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to chalk it up to pure luck that I found a password that was as good as the last one and move on with life.  Farewell, little buddy.  I'll be allowed to use you again in 3 1/2 years.  

No comments: