Monday, April 4, 2011

There was smack laid down, as well

Oh, I smelled what he was cooking. Apparently, it was pizza


Pizza? What does that have to do with anything?


Well, last night (and I learned I was doing this on Saturday), I ended up hosting a viewing of the hugely popular sports-entertainment extravaganza, which for Blag purposes, let's call "Rasslinsanity." Why did I do this? I'm still a little fuzzy on the details, but it happened, so let's just go with that.

The host, who is widely known recently for being an actor in some pretty terrible movies, (Seriously...when you're trying to be an actor, and you get cast as the Tooth Fairy, it's time to go back to pro wrestling) was a guy that we'll call "The Boulder," and he came out and yammered on for a while before people started beating each other up. One of his catch phrases involves asking the crowd if we smell what he's cooking. Despite his lack of a grill, stove, oven, or any other sort of culinary paraphernalia, we just went with it. Since we had ordered pizza, that's what I smelled, so I assumed it had something to do with him.

All in all, it was an entertaining program, and almost everything that should happen in a major pro wrestling event did. Somebody got hit with a steel chair, another guy did some sort of flippy thing and landed on another guy outside the ring, and somebody got thrown through the Spanish Announce Table. Incidentally, I firmly believe that there is no Spanish Announcing broadcast with these shows, and the Spanish Announce Table's sole purpose in life is to have somebody get thrown through it. So after all was said and done, I found that wrestling is still an entertaining occasional diversion, and really hasn't changed much in the years since wrestlers named Haystack.

Oh yeah, and that "Boulder" guy came out and beat everybody up at the end...in case you're wondering how it ended.

No comments: