Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I vote a strong "Maybe"!!!

Is the Suzuki Esteem the most inappropriately named car ever? Discuss!


Well, there was that whole Chevy Nova incident in Spanish-speaking countries. No va, of course being Spanish for "Doesn't go."


Yes, but the Chevy Nova was a POS car that really didn't go, so it was somewhat appropriate. Anyway...on my drive home from work, I occasionally follow a guy driving a little silver junker that probably has never seen better days. This jalopy is branded as a "Suzuki Esteem" and is quite possibly the saddest little car I've ever seen. Nobody should feel good about driving this car.

Upon doing a little research, I learned some of the performance statistics of this car, and it really just served to further my point. The Suzuki Esteem based with a 1.3L 4-cylinder engine that squeezed out a whopping 84HP. That's almost double the horsepower of the base-model Yugo. If you went with the performance package (I doubt that's what they called it), you would upgrade yourself to a 1.6L powerplant with an ear-pinning 98HP. That's darn near up to Chevy Aveo range right there.

Here's the best part...the Esteem also comes in a Station Wagon version! BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!


And what was your first car?


A Chevy Celebrity station wagon. Why?


No reason.

No comments: