Monday, January 31, 2011

Yes, I'm going to watch it

"I hear a mountain lion! I gotta get back to my house and you better get to your car!" – Birdemic: Shock and Terror


For the record, Jeremy is NOT MAKING THIS MOVIE UP. Nor is he making up the fact that There's Going To Be A Sequel. Hollywood should be ashamed of itself.


Just because a movie is bad doesn't make it bad.


Yeah, that made no sense. Start over.


Some people love to watch truly horrible movies for the sheer entertainment value. Such films, like "Plan 9 From Outer Space", or "Manos: The Hands Of Fate" or anything starring Nicolas Cage are referred to as "Cult Classics" because of the relatively small band of typically rabid fans of that particular genre. Personally, I love ridiculously bad movies (though not anything with Nicolas Cage), and have wasted many hours watching pure cinematic drivel.

As an aside, because of everything mentioned above, I was alerted to the Trailer For Nicolas Cage's New Movie which features "acting" and "dialog" which can't possibly be described using words with a positive connotation. How does this slop end up in theaters?

Anyway...the more important topic here is that this conversation prompted me to review my DVD queue for the video rental company we'll refer to in the Blag as "Internet Flickershows." I was pleased to discover that a DVD release date was now available for one of the "B" movies I put in my Queue. That being "Birdemic: Shock and Terror." Do yourself a favor and Watch The Trailer For This Film Too. Be careful, though...you'll be laughing so hard, you may injure something. Today's Sametime Status comes from the "Memorable Quotes" section of this movie. I can't want to see it!

No comments: