Tuesday, January 4, 2011

We're Back!

Happy New Year, from Jeremy's Sametime Status!


Strangely reminiscent of the Sametime Status you had right before you left for vacation.


Well, yes...but it seemed appropriate to greet the readers with a Happy New Year now that the new year has actually started. Now only 5 or 6 months before we get used to writing 2011 in our checkbooks.


People still write checks?


The fine folks who pick up my garbage still haven't embraced the 21st century, so yeah...I still write checks. They're about the only ones, too.


And the person in front of you at the grocery store.


Actually, the person in front of me at the grocery store sat there for a full five minutes arguing that the package of gift bows she bought were on sale for 39 cents, and they rang up, in error, for 59 cents. This after she left the line to run back to the produce section for a bag of potatoes. I really wish I was making any of this up. I actually felt bad for her husband who had to stand there at the end of the register looking back at the glares of the other patrons (I wasn't the only one in line behind this) while his wife walked back through the line to find the sign that showed the price of the bows. The steak I was trying to buy was totally not worth it...but more on that later...

No comments: