Monday, August 9, 2010

Not as bad as Madden

Who thinks Will Ferrell can break the Curse Of The Double-Feature?


Hmm...odds are pretty iffy on that one.


I agree. Not Long Ago, while doing a totally justified rant about the hack Nicolas Cage, I explained to everyone the paradigm of actors. Somewhere in between "Serviceable Actors" and "Bad Actors" there is a sub-category of decent actors who are just annoying. One of those is Will Ferrell. Why people absolutely love this guy is beyond me. While I don't have the hatred for Farrell that I do for the previously mentioned Cage, I can't say as if I've really liked anything he's been in. "Wedding Crashers" was quite good, but was brought down by the completely unnecessary Farrell cameo. I'm not sure if that last sentence was a spoiler or not, so if you haven't seen the movie, play it safe and don't read it.


Most people play it safe by never reading the Blag. Win-win.


Anyway...Also Not Long Ago, I introduced you to the Curse of the Double-Feature. The Tomatometer suggests that this latest attempt at breaking the curse may be successful, as "The Other Guys" is currently humming along with a 79%. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: