Thursday, August 26, 2010

More On Jeremy!

I love when articles start with the words "More On" and mention somebody’s name.


See? Because it makes you think they're calling that person a moron. Get it?

Anyway, in this special Apology Edition of Jeremy Is In The Office, we're going to bring you the Sametime Statuses you missed the last two days while Jeremy was too busy at work to write this stuff up in here. Very exciting!



Tuesday began with me wanting to punch people, because my alarm clock woke me up to the dulcet tones of Pat Benetar. That day's Sametime Status read: "The last known sighting of the phrase "Put up your dukes" was when Pat Benetar recorded "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" in 1979. This is disappointing."


I'm reasonably certain that Roscoe Coltrane used to say it all the time in "The Dukes of Hazzard."


That may well be the case, but I couldn't be bothered to look it up. Plus, I don't let silly things like facts get in the way of a fun Sametime Status.

Tuesday night saw a merciful end to the Curse of the Double Feature...but not in a huge way as "Dinner for Schmucks" filled out the second half of a twin-bill. (Granted, "The Expendables" was a pretty serious let-down in the front half, but that's beside the point) It wasn't a great movie, but it was pretty harmless. It included a quote that became Wednesday's Sametime Status: You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not.


So there you have it. You're now all caught up on the last couple days worth of Sametime Statuses. Hopefully, Jeremy won't be a slacker tomorrow and will close out the week in grand fashion...preferably without Rhetorical Friday.

No comments: