Friday, October 2, 2009

Not even kidding here...

That’s the second biggest Toaster Fire I've ever seen!


Nothing brightens a morning quite like watching the toaster go up in flames.


Indeed. You all remember the Famed Toaster of Hades, right? Well, the recent period of breakfast-torching inactivity turned out not to be the fact that somebody actually fixed the Toaster. As it turns out, the Toaster was simply resting up, only to strike with a vengeance this morning.


I'm actually glad it did...I saw what your Sametime Status was going to be before that happened.


It's true. I actually had another edition of Rhetorical Friday planned for all of you, and even had it set as my Sametime Status while I went down to the adorably tiny cafeteria thing in my building. As I approached the toaster, I noticed the charred remains of a roll on the counter next to it and knew that evil was lurking. A man stood in front of the Toaster, a growing look of dread crossing his face as his bagel stuck to the conveyor. As has happened so many times in the past, a cloud of smoke began to erupt from the front of the Toaster as its latest victim bursts into flame.

And all Guybrush Threepwood jokes aside folks...this was quite literally the second biggest toaster fire I've ever seen. I don't know if anything will top the Blueberry Muffin Incident, but this was as close as I've seen. I'm talking about a substantial amount of flame shooting out at least 3 inches in all directions from the bagel and enough smoke to cloud half of the cafeteria. It was glorious. One of the cafeteria staff actually came over and shut off the Toaster to get it to stop burning and went to find wet towels to clean up the wreckage. It was that good. An excellent start to my weekend. See you on monday, everyone!

No comments: